Distance Learning Resources
LAUSD latest news:https://achieve.lausd.net/latestnews
Local District 7 Grab & Go Meals: https://achieve.lausd.net/resources
FAQS for Parents
- My child left their student learning device at school. Will I be able to retrieve it? Beutner said in a radio show earlier this week that plans were being made to allow parents to pick them up as soon as possible. Contact LAUSD for more information.
- I’m an LAUSD parent who would like to use the drive-up food distribution centers. How do I do that? The drive-up food distribution centers have been open since Wednesday, March 18, and will be open for pickups Monday through Friday from 7 am to 10 am. Each child can take home two meals. To find the closest distribution center, see the map and list of locations here.
- Do I need to register or fill out a form before I go to a food distribution center? No, you do not need to register or complete any paperwork to use the food distribution centers.
- Will I need to provide proof that I am an LAUSD parent? No, you will not need to provide proof, and no one will be turned away.
- Do I need to take my child to the food distribution center in order to pickup food? No, you do not need to take your child to the food distribution center to pick up the food.
- If I have more than one child in LAUSD schools, will I be able to pickup food for all my children in one trip? Yes, when you drive through tell the attendant for how many children you are picking up food.
- Will the drive-up food distribution centers remain open past 10 am? Not at this time. The centers are open Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 10 am only.
- Will there be childcare or learning sessions at the food distribution centers? No, the centers are for food distribution only.
- What is the plan to keep volunteers and families picking up food safe at the food distribution centers? Safety is a top priority. Specific safety protocols, deep and constant cleaning protocols, and social distancing measures will be in place, including a plan for volunteers to place food for pick up on a table instead of handing items over directly. Families will then drive up to the table and pick up the items.
- Is there a place where parents can ask questions or voice their concerns about the school shutdown? Yes, call the LAUSD Hotline at (213) 443-1300 available Monday through Saturday, from 6 AM to 6 PM.
- How can I help my child to continue learning during this crisis? If possible, provide a quiet place for your child to study and work on whatever assignments the teacher provides. Stay calm and reassure your child this is a temporary situation. Encourage your child to follow a daily schedule to do his/her school work and to follow any instructions given by the teacher. These are some of the things you can do to help your child’s continuity of learning.